October 21, 2008

New to us recliner

We made a purchase last week from craigslist. I had been looking on there for bikes and occasionally browse for furniture and last week I found a leather recliner from there. I did a little emailing with the recliner owner and with a trip to see it and a little bartering we have a new to us recliner.


The only thing wrong with it is that their puppy chewed a little corner of the foot rest which you can see in the picture. That part of the recliner can be unscrewed and the leather replaced and even if we can't get the same color to match, that part of the recliner flips down and is not seen with it is upright position. This will be done soon. All in all a good experience with craigslist. I think we got a pretty good deal for $175 since it is a brand name recliner!

6 comments:

Ham(m)er said...

That looks pretty snazzy!! I love looking through Craigslist. I've been watching for a steal of a bike too. Hopefully we're not the same height and looking for the same ride! ;-)

Great find!

Tez said...

No need to worry Hammer. I am not seriously looking for a bike plus I already have a mountian bike that is my commuter bike!

Anonymous said...

Which room in your house is that chair sitting in? I don't recognize it. Don't tell me you actually organized and picked up? lol

Tez said...

Gabe, thanks for that! haha

It is in the basement east side.

Anonymous said...

looking comfortable to take a nap in

Tez said...

I sure could have done that tonight!