October 21, 2008

Bike ride and a flu shot

Bike and body were happy yesterday! I rode back to work after lunch. Abe, the dog, had been so tired from the weekend that I decided he needed to nap a bit longer and not go back to work with me. The Ol'Fisher was happy to be on the road again even though our usual route had to be altered because of road construction. The route home I went my usual way and then drove through the construction....I know, bad girl.

Since we are to get rain today and tomorrow I decided I need to get the yard mowed. I was amazed at how damp the grass was yet. Oh well, I lowered the deck on the mower and went at it. The back yard took two mowing passes each at different levels as the grass is thicker back there. Got it done and I have to say that is a good thing but boy was I tired last night. Never made it through my TV show. Pretty sure I was asleep by 9:30.

This morning I went to Lewis with all the blue hairs to get my flu shot! I paid my $28 and sat in the chair to have a nursing student give me the inoculation. Que the twilight zone music.......The nursing student told me that the lady that had been in the chair for her shot right before me had the same birthday as I did but a different year. Of course you know me....I had to say, "REALLY?" A DIFFERENT YEAR?, That seems odd!" the student laughed, since almost everyone in there to get their shots have 20-30 years on me. The older guy next to me was a bit nervous I think. He asked the student, when she didn't take the cap off the needle if she was a student! Of course she replied, "Yes". He looked a bit nervous. Pretty funny. I figure hey, they have to practice on someone and a flu shot is pretty harmless unless you have reactions to it. Not sure I would be in line if they were practicing starting IVs!

No comments: