October 28, 2008

Commute and lucky.

Today I have dead legs, kind of, they are just tired Not sure way. The commute today was better then yesterday, guessing it was because there was no wind this morning and there was a NW wind yesterday. I left the sunglasses in the truck as to avoid the fogging issue, but have them ready for the ride home for lunch.

My biking issues are such small little issues compared to what life brings us. I can still walk, talk, have my mind, although sometimes that is in question, pretty much do what I want, with in reason, and most days there is not pain. There are others however that fight every second of every day for a semi normal life. Yes, I am lucky, like most of us, we have our health, but all of us know that we will be dealt a card in our lives that we really will want to put back in the deck or give back to the dealer, unfortunately we can not. We deal with the hand we are dealt. Is that where the saying DEAL with it comes from?.....who knows, but I know in given situations that is what we do is deal with it the best we can. Most deal with it privately and others share with close friends and family and still others will put it our there for all of us to be part of. Guess that is what bloggers do is put things out there, but some keep personal struggles personal. I would imagine it is very therapeutic or cathartic for a lot of us to write about our feelings, well it is for me anyway and others I assume also. It really takes a lot to open a person's life up to let the whole world be a part of it through the good times and the not so good times.

The reason behind this blog entry? If you do not read Fatty's blog take a peek over there and add them to your pray list, if you do that sort of thing. They are a brave family putting their life experiences out there even when life goes on to a new chapter.

Why does Fatty's blog hit so close to home, when I have never met or probably will never meet their family? Kris's sister, Susan, was in almost the same boat as Fatty's wife. They both have / had multiple brain tumors that are/were cancer, both named Susan and both have / had kid(s). The struggles Fatty's wife is going through is almost like a mirror to what Susan was going through. Both Kris and I read Fatty's blog last night and we both felt what the family is going through. Not easy for us to read about as it brings emotions back to the surface even after a few years. The heart still knows the heavy hurt of loss.

This is why we ride for a cause. This is why we buy Livestrong bracelets. This is why we donate money to help find a cure. This is our purpose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had the same problem with my dad last year

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was profound.
Heartfelt.
The pain of Kris' loss seeped thru the words into my heart.

Unknown said...

I agree, a very profound post (both yours and "Fatty's"). Thank you for your willingness to share your personal experience. My husband's nephew, died in Dec. of 2006, shortly after his 39th birthday. He leaves behind his widow and his 5 children.

Tez said...

It hit me strange yesterday...SORRY!