September 7, 2008

Baseball, bikes and Christmas music

It was a good weekend.

Friday evening started off with the Canaries game and what a game it was! 12 innings and WE WON! It was the first EVER win of the American Association Championship! After the game we even got on the field with the plays and Mackie and I walked around the bases. Amazing how coushie the infield was! It was really cool to feel the energy on the field with all the players.

Saturday was kind of wild. Went out to breakfast with Kris, her mom and couple friends. Then I went off in search of a new seat post for one of Kris's birthday presents. I finally found one but got sidetracked looking at all the fun cool weather clothes the shops are getting in. Might have to purchase a few things so I can ride longer into the fall. I got Kris's bike all fixed up with the new seat post, the new rear rack and the new trunk. It is looking pretty nice. I also adjusted her front shocks to make it more of a stiffer ride and easier to pedal.

Sunday morning we decided to ride out bikes down to Cafe 334 for breakfast. Breakfast was great and the ride was a bit brisk but it sure felt good. We made it home just fine and since Kris was not happy with me being encouraging on her first 20 mile ride I decided that I would change things up so when she pulled in the driveway I walked up to her and said, "Boy, your bike skills SUCK!" She looked at me and couldn't believe I had just said that but then I said, "You know you get crabby with me that last time I said encouraging words!", we laughed and I did say it looked like the hills went better and of course she agreed an thinks the changes on he bike were the right things to do!

Tonight, Mackie and Gilly invited us over for a pre-birthday supper for Kris. We could not decide on dinner music and then next thing you know we are singing Christmas carols! It was fun. I guess it must be getting close to the season retail wise as Sam's is getting Christmas decorations in already!

It was a fun weekend even though no big rides were taken. Oh, ya, the Old Fisher is working great. Those boys at Harlen's do great work!

So tomorrow is Monday and it is my sisters 51st birthday and Kris's 50th birthday! Congrats girls and I hope you have a fun and special day!

3 comments:

teamwelliver said...

You guys doing a 50-miler tomorrow to celebrate?

Happy Birthday Kris!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kris! (same to yer sister, Tez)
The big five oh (and change)is a milestone I have met, and I am here to say; I am not impressed.

Unknown said...

Lots of us celebrating milestone birthdays this year - 1958 must have been a banner year!