December 26, 2007

Tagged

I have been tagged by Cycle SD dang it. Not really sure how all this works but I know I am suppose to write down 5 things that people do not know about me then I am to tag other bloggers. The problem is that the other bloggers are ones that have been tagged already!..not sure how to handle that!

1) I competed in the Junior Olympics back in the 80's throwing shot put. It was at Wake Forrest University.

2) I raced motocross when I was younger (teenager). Mini-bikes and enduro class. I race in a 100 mile race that was brutal. It was riding the same course over and over and over. I was so tired and sore by the time I got off the bike that my dad almost had to pry my hands off the handlebars. I have a few trophies for my dirt bike accomplishments.

3) I wrote some sports for the the Yankton Press and Dakotan. Just the little snippets from area schools.

4) I can run a metal lathe. I worked at the Freeman Company in Yankton for a while and ran a metal lathe and centerless grinder. The Freeman Company made parts for airplanes.

5) I competed in a bike race (back in the early 80s) at the Living History Farms in Des Moines, IA. I finished first in my class but found out later that my sister really beat me as I was following a couple guys in front of me that missed part of the course and since they missed part of the course I did also. I told the officials that but they still gave me a frozen turkey (the race was around Thanksgiving time) for my efforts. I kept asking myself as I was riding in the race..What that HELLl was I thinking? When the race was over all I could think about was how fun it was!

4 comments:

bikingbrady said...

Sports for area schools? Did you write for the might Wakonda Warriors back in the day (tis my home town).

I initially reacted in horror when I misread that you could run a "meth lab". Good thing I read on (and cleaned my glasses).

Tez said...

I am sure I did. They were just the little blurbs in the P&D. The coaches would call in and give us all the info for the game then it was up to us reproduce the game for the daily paper. This was back in the mid 80s.

I am SO GLAD you cleaned your glasses also!hahaha.........

bikingbrady said...

Sweet deal...I was a "Mid-80's" graduate. I didn't fall far from the tree. I just landed here in Vermillion and never left. Riding the New Years Day ride at Spoke-n-Sport?

Tez said...

I am a 82 grad from Yankton. I will not be riding the New Years ride this year. I have to get my biking legs and lungs back in shape!