December 7, 2007

Funny things mom used to say (Annabelle-isms).......

Mom always had some funny sayings and I am not sure if she would say it because she didn't hear it right the first time (she had a hearing issue) or she was saying it to get a rise out of us or what but we talked about a few of them the other night so I thought I would share them with all of you...God bless her soul....

Annabelle-isms:

  • Yogurt she called yoger.
  • Discover card was her Discovery card.
  • A retaining wall she called a reclining wall.
  • "Isn't that a sore eye?" instead of Isn't that an eyesore?
  • The famous mark stores we have Wal-mark, K-mark and the mart store was Hallmart!
  • The reader meeting was the meter reading.
  • When she watched Dynasty back in the 70 it was Dyna-see to her.
  • The best are names she could not pronounce....Chuck Knobloch who was with the Twins she just called him padlock..My roomies niece Maren and of course mom always called her Myron.
  • Another one we have said over and over in fun is the reference to Harry Potter which was "What is the big deal with this Harry Porter anyway?"

12/9/07 addition

  • The color mauve she called "You know that maude color!"

There are so many others that I can not think of at this time but will add to the list as I remember them so keep checking back to this entry! If you have any that you remember her saying send them on to me and I will be sure to add them!

4 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

Do you mind if I add you to my local blogger link list?

It would be so nice to have the local blog link list grow.

Ya know, get that local bike culture growing :)

Tez said...

No problem!
Hey how do you know some of the Vello Bellas? My niece rides for them in California.

SD_pedalpower said...

Tez,

Not sure I do no any of them unless they have bike blog sites that I have visited. I see they have a Twin Cities chapter.

Tez said...

My niece had visted a Velo Bella fellow blog and had seen Cycle SD and sent me your blog. I had been reading your blog already from a link at either Snakebite or Biking Brady's blog. That is what prompted the question.