July 23, 2009

TDF and new team!

Hey, kids..um, fellow blog reader(s) as there might be more than one of you out there, um, well, maybe! Any who....

Are you loving the TDF so far this year? Lots of stuff going on that is for sure and not all good.

First off, I hope Jens heals up after his NASTY fall skidding down the road on his cheek, the facial one, that is! I hope George can find the strength to make it to the Champs Elysees with his bum collar bone. I hope Levi is healing fast from his wrist fracture. I hope Thor can hang onto the green jersey. Have I forgotten anyone? Oh, yes, silly me, I hope Lance can hang on to a podium place!

Should be great to watch the last few days!

BIG NEWS...Lance is forming a new pro-cycling team called Team Radio Shack. I know, I know, not sure this is a great move as there are a lot of other companies out there I think I would have approached as a main sponsor and maybe they did and companies said, "no", given the economic situation and all. Nonetheless, the positive is that it is another American company getting into professional cycling which is HUGE! It shows that cycling is a growing sport and that with the pro races happening in the US it will grow even more!...we can only hope and hope is a good thing!

No comments: