July 2, 2009

Elvis sighting?

I am pleased to announce this is my 9th day in a row commuting to work! WooHoo! I know there are people out there that have a lot more continuous commuting days but this is pretty good for me. So, I was enjoying my nice leisurely commute this morning. Didn't feel like speeding to work, just taking it all in, you know what ma nature has to offer and all.

I pull up to the corner of Russell and Prairie and another bike commuter pulls up next to me. We acknowledge each other and of course talk about the weather the past two weeks for being so conducive for commuting. This fellow cyclist had been on vacation last week but said the weather this week has been great! The light changed and we were off to work our day away.

Ooop...forgot about the title of this blog. No there wasn't anyone with a white jumpsuit and a cape out there gyrating his hips around with ladies screaming, crying and pining for his scarf. It was the fellow cyclist sunglasses, which were kind of Elvisesque(sp?)....cool dude!

1 comment:

SD_pedalpower said...

Cool indeed. I have been taking it all in knowing that the heat and humidity will be back next week. At least we had this fine break in the weather. We are lucky. If I tried a hip gyration I think I would throw a hip out :)