December 21, 2008

Still crappy out.....

Ok, so I wanted a good snowstorm, right? Well, enough already! The wind is still blowing and I can't convince my body to head out and scoop / blow snow yet as it is still blowing plus it is 30-40 below wind chill. DO NOT LIKE THAT CRAP! So, inside I will stay until Kris calls for her pick-up ride home from work today. Have lots of stuff inside to do today but not really in the mood to do much but vegg. Not much on TV either unless you really want to watch football!

Had a good time Saturday. Had lunch with Kris and her nephew Zach, then talked with Dawn and Christi and we decided to meet at Monk's for some beer, solve the world problems, and sit by the fireplace there. We got there around 1:45 and left at 5:20! The beer was good (3-Surly browns and 1-Sam Adams Chocolate Bock) but what was more fun was as we sat there three ladies walked up and ended up to be three friends from my old investment club! So we chatted and got caught up and had a few beers. Lots of fun. I picked up Kris and we headed to A Taste of the Big Apple for supper. The place was hopping! Good pizza was had albeit I still really love Charlie's pizza. Big Apple pizza is different and still really good. We had the Jersey Junker which had almost everything on it! Very tasty!

What next week holds....
*Kris is on vacation, that slug.
*I have presents to wrap and send out. If you are reading this and live in PG Calif or Dallas Center Ia, and you are to receive a present from us it might be LATE!...SORRY!
*Buy beer and wine for Christmas.
*Grocery shop ----EARLY!
*Make whatever we need to make for the meals.
*Laundry...UGH.
*Blow and scoop snow...again.....UGH!
*Gathering at Kris's brother-in-laws followed by Church at 11:00pm.
*Gathering at the farm Christmas Day.

I am sure more will be added to the list as the week goes on....Will I be able to sleep in one day this coming weekend? I can only hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The presents to the outlaws, ooops, I mean inlaws, will be late this year too. Not my fault, I have nothing to do with it.
On purpose.
Long story, tell ya over a beer at Monks sometime....
In the meantime, take some time to relax, and remember. You know...

teamwelliver said...

No worries on the presents. A certain package headed to Sioux Falls didn't get sent out priority mail until Friday. They didn't guarentee on time christmas delivery. But I did immensely improve over last year's delivery date!