December 9, 2008

Been awhile.....

Wow, been awhile since I have blogged, that darn Blackberry and all my micro blogging, twitters or tweets or whatever they call it, has clogged my brain with all sorts of stuff that makes it out in little spurts but not to the main blog page. Sorry. Yes, I have become addicted to that darn thing. I was told it would happen and it has....DANG IT!...the land of the Crackberry.

The weekend was fun. We headed to Northfield Mn where Jessie James robbed a bank at some point and was capture, I think, haven't read the whole story yet! Didn't see the bank. Went to St Olaf to see Kris's niece. Her choir had a Christmas concert. It was good. Fun to watch people and how they sing. Some are SO ANIMATED while others just stand there and open their mouths.

Saturday night we had the buffet straight from the land of Norway. I tried lutefisk. Ok, let me just say that I do not see what the big deal is about it. It is a bit odd, can't say I would crave it but it was edible with LOTS of butter and a WHITE CREAM sauce. Would I have it again, probably. One lady behind us called it fish jello! Tried herring also. Not a fan of it as it is either really a strong pickled taste or a bit more fishy taste than I like. This was not bad. Of course lefsa, rosettes, romugrut (sp?) which is kind of a custard type thing. The buffet was actually not bad and of course lots of fun trying the different foods.

Sunday we hit the Tavern for breakfast. It is in the basement of the Archer House an old inn along the river. Good food, service a bit slow and a bit loud in there but I zoned out while Kris and her mom rehashed each apartment Kris had lived in since college.

The drive home was kind of wild at times. Snowing and blowing. One van in the ditch. We noticed no highway crews out on the indy. Cutbacks? Not sure but thought it was odd. We got on to I-90 for a few miles and it cleared up.

Not all that much new. Have a busy rest of the week with FAB board meeting, FAB newsletter meeting, at Monk's of course!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend made complete with a Christmas concert and ethnic buffet. I'm not Norwegian enough to appreciate Lutefisk!

Anonymous said...

Wife thinks she need that blackberry, a few people I work with are always playin with them

Tez said...

I LOVE MINE! You will have to get one to stay connected...of course that can have its drawbacks, if you let it!