November 18, 2008

Feel the love?.......


Feel the LOVE in these pics?
These pictures were taken in Oct of 2005, me a few pounds heavier and mom still alive and fighting cancer. These pics, is this order just make me laugh and shows the silliness and love in each picture that both of us had for each other. This Saturday (Nov 22) will be the 2nd anniversary of mom's death. Hard to believe. I still think she will come walking around the corner at any moment or call and complain about what the heck the Cubs are doing with the team (yes, that is a Wrigley Field t-shirt she is wearing). She was a great mother that taught me a lot about life and how to live it even when facing death. Mom, you are still missed greatly.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace Tez.

Tez said...

Thanks bud and back to you for your loss a few weeks ago!

Unknown said...

The loss of a mother leaves a huge void in one's life. Thanks for sharing the pictures - they definitely capture how close the two of you were!

teamwelliver said...

Those pictures are soooo Grandma Annabelle!

I'm going to have to go check out Abster on Dogster.

Tez said...

Yes, they are. That is what makes me laugh!

Ham(m)er said...

Losing one's parent is never ever easy. Your photos are fun. It's good to remember all of those wonderful moments with loved ones. Thankfully I still have my mother, but my dad's been gone for more than seven years. I've got pics of him at work and various places at home.

Your mom looks like she had an incredible spirit. I'm sorry that she had to part ways with your family.

Tez said...

She sure did have an incredible spirit! She loved to laugh and have fun! I know she would have gotten a kick out of all the cycling friends!

It sure does leave a HUGE void in a persons life!

SD_pedalpower said...

Thanks for sharing. My Müte (mom) has been gone for over 20 years.