August 22, 2008

Golfing and bike races.......

Busy weekend upcoming.

Tomorrow is the 6th annual PanCan (Pancreatic Cancer) golf tournament in Brandon. It was started a few years ago after a friend was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. When she was diagnosed she was given 2 months to live. She sought out the Cancer Treatment Centers of America and after a hard battle she is cancer free and I think this is year 7 being cancer free! You can read and or watch her story here. She is an amazing lady who has been through hell and back but lives on to help others fight this disease. So anyway me and the Traup are partnering up for the tournament. This should prove interesting as I have not golfed, I think since the end of June! Traup is a pretty good golfer so I hope she will carry the team after I make some long drives (I hope)! All in all it is a great time meeting up with old softball players / friends and all for a great cause. I am guessing Saturday night will spend repairing / relaxing the sore and achy aging body and a few recovery drinks!

Sunday I will be up with the sun, wait it will be before the sun comes up, to help set up the race course for the SD State Criterium races and then I also have volunteered to help with the race from 8a-3p. Should be fun but I am a little nervous about what I will end up doing. I just do not want to mess anything up! I hope they have a good turn out for the races. They are closing off part of the downtown for the one mile loop. I had planned on riding my bike down there (not to race, but commute) but we were told to bring lawn chair, broom and also an umbrella and all that would be hard to carry on a bike. Sunday night maybe a nice bike ride, I hope, but it might depend on how tired I will be.

The plans for Labor Day, next weekend, are to give the house here in Sioux Falls some love. It is sorely abused. The plans are to get the den semi-organized. We bought some old desk parts and so the plan is with the help from a door, from here at work, to make a computer desk and get things organized before people / family / friends turn the clean sweep people after us (NOTE: I would be charged with murder and moving to the women's prison in Pierre if anyone does turn us over to the clean sweep people!) I think there will also be some bike riding involved that weekend so we get a nice longer ride in before the Margarita ride. I would not mind getting some work done in the garage also. The stable of bikes / empty cardboard boxes and garden stuff are taking over the little one staller. There will also be yardwork to get taken care off as fall will be hitting soon! So I guess Labor Day weekend there will be lots of "laboring" going on!

Hey, to all you out there who read this wacky blog. Have a great and safe weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My State Criterium Race is tomorrow. I am going to show up with my bike but i have not decided if i am racing or not. I have never done a criterium and I find the cornering concept in a pack of people slightly intimidating. We will have to see.