August 1, 2008

The big ride......

Here it is Friday afternoon and tomorrow is "D" day! I should not complain as this is all for a great cause (MS150) but we will have 20mph headwinds to face on our quest from Sioux Falls to Vermillion plus the temps are going to be a bit on the warm side, in the 90s. The silver lining at this point is a 12-13 mph tailwind for the ride back on Sunday......unless knowing a bikers luck the wind changes. This seems to be pretty standard weather for summer in South Dakota anymore! (note to self...pack bungee cords to hook to an innocent biker to pull me to Vermillion and a sail for the way home on Sunday)

My place of employment donated to the cause and then proceeded to ask me if anyone pledges per mile anymore and of course jokingly I told him that he just did at $50 per mile. He proceeded to ask me over for lots of beer the night before the ride. I thought that was a good one!

I am pretty much ready to go as far as all the packing. I am sure I will have along tooooo much stuff like usual but it is better to have enough stuff then run out of your favorite ride treats / gu / drink powder and such. I got strawberry fig newtons packed...YUM and I am also going to try the Jelly Belly Sport Beans as a change of pace along with my Gu.

The biking bloggers are meeting at the registration and fuel up tonight so that will be fun to finally meet a few that I have not already met.

No matter what, it will be a good time meeting new people, seeing the country side, and most of all it is for a good cause. I will give a full report at somepoint if I am able to sit and use a keyboard after 150 miles!

Think positive thoughts this weekend for the brave riders on the road and that we find a cure for the disease soon!

4 comments:

teamwelliver said...

Good luck!! I'll be thinking of you when I'm bundled up for my Saturday morning ride in the drizzly cool fog out here.

Tez said...

Thanks! Met up with a few biking bloggers for supper and then a trip to Monks House of Ale Repute and had a great Rogues shakespear Stout.

CDV said...

Was great to finally meet you in person, Monk's rocks. I will have to put the Rogues Shakespear Stout in my next beer to order list, it was tasty. Thanks for sharing.

Tez said...

Glad we finally got to meet also. MS150 was a good time.

The stout is pretty darn good.