June 26, 2008

Frustrating night.......

First off as most of you know from reading my previous entries that it has been a crazy week at work. Crazy being not so much fun to say the least. One friend as an acronym for F.U.N. (F*&king Ugly Nightmare) I must say that might sum up my week so far. So, I headed out to golf in Brandon. Nice drive out but WARM. I really was not in the mood to golf. Not sure why, I guess I was really tired. Anyway we were waiting for our last member of our foursome to show and noticed how WILD it was at the 19th hole. MY GOD! The place was packed and buzzing with people some sober some not. Of course the not sober people really irritated me, as I was in such a good mood anyway...haha. There had been some sort of tournament there that did not get started on time for whatever reason and then it pushed everyone else back about 15-20 min at least! We get down to the tee-box to hit and it goes well then we hit the green to hole number one and the play had stopped in front of us at hole number two. Things were already backed up...UGH! When all was said and done, nine holes took 2 1/2 hours! Again, UGH! THAT IS BAD! I know it was a big tournament for the golf course but it sure would have been nice if it had been policed a bit better so things didn't get so pushed back. Of course there were sunflower seed left on the greens again, trash cans were over flowing out on the course in a couple spots, which at least they did use the trash cans, and of course we fixed numerous spots on the greens from people not knowing that they needed to repair their ball divots or maybe some were to drunk to care.

Some good things happened. I saw a doe wondering around by the creek. I love seeing wildlife. Of course there was also the meeting of good friends, Kris, Rose, Dawn, Christi and other golfing ladies at the 19th hole for food and beverages after we golfed. I also had one other good thing and that was giving Mrs Krum a bit of grief. She now has won the last two games of our ladies night, at least I assume she won last night. The game was hit in the fairway from the tee-box on the par 4s and 5s and get a point. On the par 3s if you drive the green you get two points. I told Mrs Krum I had 8 points from the game last night. I had seen she had 7 points so I was giving her all sorts of crap. Anyway she believed me! I, of course, came clean like the good girl I am and then got a well deserved slap on the arm and a "you sh%t" comment. It was all in good fun and I got to have a laugh over it as did others. I actually only scored a three. One drive in the fairway and one drive on the green.

Tonight I had wanted to hit the bike for a ride as I have not ridden since Tuesday night and maybe that has to do with some of my crabbiness, not sure but no bike ride tonight as I will need to make up some work time for leaving early tomorrow! I also need to finish getting the satellite radio hooked up so we can enjoy the Cubs game on our way to see the Twins play!

No comments: