June 9, 2008

Back is getting better

The back is a bit better today, but still sore after ice packs, biofreeze, drugs and not really doing much but some walking since our bike ride Saturday. Good thing I know a good physical terrorist (Kris), yes, I said terrorist. My mom loving called her Sarg. No slacking on her watch that is for sure! OOPS, I have not stretched today yet. Good thing "Sarg" does not read my blog! I hope it is better soon as it is not fun at all! I think the hardest thing in the morning is putting on underwear, shoes and socks....UGH! You know the dangle the underwear from your hand as far as you can stretch /reach, balance on one leg and try to lift the leg up to start the underwear putting on process, then praying you do not get your toes stuck in the underwear and fall over!....really not fun....I guess in this case a thong would be better but.....UGH.....not for me, I think it would take me two days to find the thong in the fat roll once I had it on! Anyway at least the other two hard to put on items you can sit down and put on!

I have decided not to do a lot this week as far as activities so no golf Wednesday night or this weekend. We are heading to Yankton this weekend for the play and have decided to take the bikes along also for a little riding around. I am saving myself for the up coming Alcester Golf tournament in two weeks. My partner will be Mary, I can't putt worth S*%T, Krum, which by the way is NOT TRUE! She is a great golfer and a lot of fun. The other group that will golf with us will be Mac and Gilly so we should have no lack of fun. The other teams need to bring their "A" game!! Yup, trash talk has started!

We are going to Tokyo for supper tonight. Meeting Kris's brother-in-law and niece there for some good sushi! We tend to just order a bunch of different sushi and enjoy. It is fun and gets you to try different things, of course we still have to order our favorites.

Not much else going on. A lot of the local bike bloggers are biking in the Tour De Kota so I was able to get through my blog reading fast this morning. Some are struggling today with the wind. I think today was the century option (100 mile loop) if you wanted to ride it. Sounds like that was pretty much out for a lot of riders because of the wind. BUMMER! I guess it could be worst. It could be windy and raining!

Cubs won last night and really needed to after a 2 game skid. They have a day off today before they host the Braves Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

2 comments:

teamwelliver said...

I want to go to Tokyo for dinner. That's a hell of a commute though.

Tez said...

haha..I know it. It is good sushi! We had all sorts of sushi: rainbow, salmon avacado, peanut avacado, red dragon, salmon-crab-cheese sticks,spicy tuna,I think that was it and they were ALL GOOD!