June 27, 2008

Finally Friday!

I should not have said finally in the title of this entry. The week went VERY FAST since it was a crazy week.

Last night we ran and picked up some semi-healthy munchie items for our trip north east this afternoon. Then I headed back to work for a few hours. One thing I do like about working at night is that you can turn up the music, of course my own type of music from my computer, and JAM as much and as loud as you want! Makes the work go a little faster. The bad thing is I am not a huge fan of being at my place of employment when it gets dark. Lots of strange noises that basically, well, FREAK me out, if I let them!

It sure would be nice to sleep through the night without loud cracks of thunder waking a person up. I wonder how much the thunder shortened our lives last night by waking up suddenly? This is actually true. When I took my First Responders course from the SFFD (Sioux Falls Fire Department) they talked about a study that fire fighters lives are shorter because of the sudden waking to the fire alarm after they have been asleep. I can't remember the numbers but it is interesting. Anyway if you are jolted awake by thunder and have been in a deep sleep, rest assured that your life was shortened!...UGH!

Today it will be getting a few more jobs quoted and then take Abe to the "spa" over lunch. I will head back to work for a bit and then we will head to Mpls. Our plans tonight are to Drop the roomies mom off at the roomies aunt and uncles in St Paul and then hit REI for some biking stuff, Gu gel, bike mirrors, chamois butter and whatever else we feel we need. Tomorrow the main thing will be the Twins game but we are going to head downtown to an Irish pub before the game. Not sure if this will work yet or not as the bar opens at 5:00pm, which I find odd for a Saturday, Twins home game. Oh well. I am sure there are other places to have food and libations at in Minnie-apple. Maybe we will hit the Irish Pub after the game. No plans set in stone yet!

Sunday, I kind of home we will be back in time so I can do a bike ride!

If you watch the Twins, look for us in left field - home run alley!

Have good weekend!

No comments: