June 4, 2008

Candidates and snakes (one in the same?)

Seems likes things might finally shake out with all the political stuff. I am so SICK of the political ads and all the speculation on who is going to run for VPs in either party..UGH! Can we not sit back and wait until they announce this themselves, I guess. Then you get the panel of people who give their take on the speeches from each candidates last night as if we are all two year olds and can't decipher what they are saying. Go figure. Only five and a half months more of this crap! Digging up dirt on whomever and whatever...I can't wait. Don't get me wrong I do care about our country and what happens to it. I think the press just runs with stupid things that they do not give us credit for understanding or things they thing we what to hear. In reality the presidential candidates all make empty promises. Yup, you heard it here! We hear the same thing every four years. We need to have better health care, we need more jobs, we need to give tax breaks to the middle class, we need to help the farmers, we need to balance the budget? We need, we need, we need....does any of it really get changed?..........not yet!

Anyway on to more soapboxes.....SORRY.

Hyperion, I am sure is very happy today with the results of the voting last night. Union Co South Dakota gave the ok to build an oil refinery there. There are still other permits they have to obtain before it is built. I still have really mixed feelings about this. I am kind of on the NO fence. I am worried about pollution and other things this will do to our environment. The only good is that it would create jobs, but at what cost? I hope no one voted for it because they think gas will be cheaper in our area...doubt that will happen even though our consumption volume has decreased 4.7% (last I read) and yet the gas price still goes up!...how does that work?

Ok, so why snakes in the title....well use your own judgement for the above few paragraphs on what you think of politicians. I do think there are good ones out there but just about everyone of them has a slippery side hence snakes. This leads to what happened to me today. There was a snake in the backyard today, not a politician, but a reptile. It was the gardner (I called them that when I was little) variety. It had the sun hat, sun glasses, garden gloves, and garden shovel along with it so it was easy to identify. I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES! These snakes will be relocated very soon!...UGH!

No comments: