April 17, 2008

Lucky and Blessed

Well, I am sitting here after I got the home computer hooked up. It is 11:00pm-ish and I am listening to Pandora the free online radio. Josh Groban song is playing and boy, have I mellowed out!

All I can think about is how lucky I am to have such a good life. Sure I have lost both of my parents and I am only 43 but somehow I feel they have left me with great tools to make the most out of my life. I learned love and most of all respect. I have surrounded myself with great friends and friends that are family not just friends. My health is good but of course like many Americans I am overweight but, I am working on that. What more can a person want really? Not sure what that would be except a cold beer and the remote...haha ...(I was getting to serious there for a moment!) No really what more can a person need?

When you go to bed at night think about how lucky you are, no, really, just think about it. Think about how bad it could be, think about how others struggle, think about how people rebound from tragedy, think about what gets you through the hard times, think about what drives you, take a good look at yourself and I am pretty sure you will find that you are lucky also. I know there are ups and downs...hey, that is life. That is what the journey is, but what is the destination? I guess only a few know this and they have a much clearer vision than most or is it they have had such a great loss that drives them to their destination? Not sure, all I know is that I am truly blessed and thankful for what and who I have in my life, what I have learned, what I will learn but most of all I will always cherish what I have lost and will continue to journey down the path to my destination............

4 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

Amen..

One of my favorite sayings is from a movie "Get busy living, or get busy dying".

Can you guess the movie?

thE_kErnEl said...

Shawshank Redemption

Tez said...

I got pretty mellow..sorry but reading Fatty's blog just got me thinking of things.....

fatloss007 said...

sometimes we feel blessed