February 19, 2008

Tour of California - watch it!

If you are into bike racing and like watching and hearing the action then tune into http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/ and follow the stages...it's FREE! They are showing video of the race and you can also pick your riders you want to watch and the GPS will follow them on the course map.....well at least that is the idea. Each bike is equipped with a GPS unit (white thin card) under their seat and some have been on the forks. That part worked for a bit yesterday and then it stopped working. There is also a live chat on there that you can sign up and jump in for race comments. Happy Rider from Rapid was on there as we chatted a bit but some of the chat is delayed and gets kind of strange. I was pretty much in Heaven watching it yesterday! VERY COOL!

2 comments:

The Designer's Prospective said...

Wow! People do read my blog! I can't believe it... Too bad I never have anything to say.

I missed the first hour of the TDC today, but I'm catching back up on the action. I love! (LOVE) watching cycling... It's too bad Versus doesn't have more coverage.

We shall chat again! Happy riding

Tez said...

Your blog is good!

TDC was building as a wild finish yesterday with the peloton all together and rain coming down...GO TEAM SLIPSTREAM!