February 25, 2008

Tour of Cali, new purchases and Tez 1 snowblower 1

Good job, Levi Leipheimer, winning the Tour of California. His team worked very well to give him the victory but the deciding factor in my mind was the KICK A$@ time trial Levi did. He was smokin' fast! WOW! Kudos to team Slipstream also for winning the team title! I am sure they will get an invite to all the big races! Astana is making waves and proving they should have the invites to the big races also. I hope they will get an invite. If you have not signed the Let Levi Ride petition....GET IT DONE!

Friday night I got on-line and purchased a few new things for biking. New bike gloves, Terry Liberator saddle, C02 pump, and front and rear lights for the bike. I think I am pretty well set but still have rainpants to order. Hard to know what size with the weight loss so going to hold off a bit on those. I went through all my bike gear stuff yesterday to see what I had and if I needed anything else yet. I think I will have to get another pair or two of bike shorts sometime soon but I think I am set otherwise. Go the jerseys, shorts and socks out of the bag and washed them to freshen them up a bit.

Got the snowblower out of the garage to try and thaw out the ice that had formed in the auger making it unable to turn. I got my revenge and it is ready to go. The upper 30 degree temps melted it so I started it up and took if for a drive down the driveway and back to the garage. I AM READY! Not happy about the weather today...rain, ice and SNOW! I think we are only suppose to get around 2-3 inches of snow but we are to have ice first...I DO NOT LIKE ICE!

5 comments:

thE_kErnEl said...

+1 on the ice comment - it sucks!

Tez said...

You have first hand...oops I mean wrist experience with ice don't you!....hope you are mending well!

Road Legs said...

no ice fan here either

SD_pedalpower said...

Rather than rain pants maybe just get a pair of leg warmers or something with water resistance? rain gear does not seem to keep you dry because the cheap stuff does not regulate temps very well so you end up sweating too much.

Tez said...

Good idea! THANKS!