February 11, 2008

Movie fest

This weekend was all about getting the house and our bodies back to "Normal" after vacation. I am battling a cold so that is not so fun but we did get everything unpacked from vacation finally and still have a couple loads of laundry to do yet. The other good news is that we are back to our pre-vacation weight so it came off quick which is always good.

We watched a lot of movies this weekend. The Lake House (I liked it), The Last King of Scotland (intense), Fantastic 4-Silver Surfer (liked the first one better), Breaking Up (bad movie-Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Anniston), Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Johnny Depp version-he is creepy in this!) and Gameplan (The Rock plays a QB- Good Disney feel good movie).

We also watched Versus on Saturday late afternoon. It was the pre-show to the Tour of California. Should be a great and fun tour to watch (starts next Sunday the 17th). Versus is going to have it on every night of the tour but it will be LATE....I think 10:00pm and then on the weekend it is earlier. It gets a person into the upcoming race watching season! Kind of cool listening to Al Trautwig's voice and the intro music for bike racing that Verses uses during all the bike races! I can't wait to see how things shake out as to what teams will be the power houses. There are some on paper that look great but we will see how they all gel together. Will it be Slipstream,The High Road, Astana or CSC?......stay tuned!

3 comments:

bikingbrady said...

"Charlie" and the Chocolate Factory. My kids love the movie. I introduced them to Willy Wonka version and they like it too. Both are classic ;-)

thE_kErnEl said...

wish you would have come to the FAB meeting to watch "Triplets"! or were you there - hmmmm.

Tez said...

I like the "old" Willie Wonka movie with Gene Wilder he had his issues but seem less scary to me!

I was not at the FAB meeting. I have been thinking about joining but have not pulled the trigger so to speak yet!