February 27, 2008

Gas prices on the rise....UGH

I heard on the news today that they are talking $4.00 a gallon gas this summer! I might have to become a bike commuter! The problem is that Abe (my dog) comes to work with me in the afternoons so I will have to get the Nashbar kid trailer (buggy to Abe) outfitted so he can still go to work with me. This would also mean riding the bike home for lunch to get him. I am maybe 2 miles from home so I think it should work. We will have to see. Of course I would have to drive the Sidekick on Wednesdays as that is golf night in Brandon. Still have to do some thinking and planning on this! Occasionally I have to go to a contractors office or architects office to pick things up so that could create a bit of an issue also....more pondering is needed!

2 comments:

bikingbrady said...

How big is your dog? I have a 60ish pound dog who sits up just like a kid in the bike trailer and I put the "seat belt" right through his collar. You can do it!

Tez said...

He is a 54 pound dog. I believe this "buggy" is good for 100 pounds. I just might have to do it!