January 7, 2009

Kicking our arses.......

So, late last week I got the bikes up on the trainers (don't laugh Snakebite). We decided last night it was time to hop on them and try out the spinerval 1.0 workout. UGH. It kicked our collective arses! We made it 25 min of the 45 min. So they call the group on the video Team Clydesdale. The people look to be quite the mix of very fit to not fit at all and all sorts of body sizes and shapes. One lady is quite large. They showed her a couple times only and of course Kris wanted to see how bad she was suffering doing the work out and I told her that the reason they didn't show her is that she collapsed and they hauled her away already. We laughed, but my hat goes off to her for doing the video. Being a large Marge myself, not so sure I would do a video, well at least not a biking video....hahaha (keep it G-rated!). Well, anyway, we decided it was a good workout but we were not really prepared equipment wise. No towel close and no water bottles ready or a fan turned on either....not thinking I guess, but will do that the next time. We also decided that we would get burned out just doing that one video so will try coming up with some game / workout type things while watching TV. FYI-Abe is NOT a fan of us riding in the house. He went upstairs and was out of site until we were done riding. ...poor guy!

Kris made soup for supper last night along with beer bread...YUMMY! The soup was mildly spicy but not bad. Find the recipe here. She could not find red lentils so used regular ones.

3 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

I have that DVD also. The Spinervals are not easy, but they do give you a better work out by doing the intervals and following their cadence and gears.

Ham(m)er said...

When I first set my bike up for the year Max was intrigued by the bike and got kinda close to my front wheel. THat was weird because the front wasn't even moving, but I think that he was curious about the pedal. I had to kinda let my foot kick his snout a couple of times to get him to back off. I wan't going fast and he didn't yip or anything so I didn't get him very hard. But he needs to not chase bikes. Even if they're stationary.

Congrats on the gear setup!!

Unknown said...

The Spinnerval DVD's are pure torture! It sounds like we have a mystery on our hands....what happened to the missing lady on the Spinnerval DVD. It smells like a cover-up to me.