March 31, 2008

Opening Day CUBS!


Is this the YEAR? God only knows at this point. Of course like every life long Cubs fan we always are hoping this is the year only to be disappointed the end of September. I would love to see the Cubs make a good run at it this year since I believe it has been 100 years since they won the World Series.
I have a couple short term goals for them but I have not let Lou know this yet.
FIRST: I want them to win all the series against the Pittsburgh Pirates. I always have a standing bet with the boss (huge Pirates fan) over these series. I have come out the winner numerous times on that bet but would love to keep winning. I look forward to tipping back a nice glass of wine from the bottle of wine I will win from the bet or a good glass of beer from the 6 pack that I will win. We have not decided on the winners winnings yet but the tally sheets are up and ready to be marked in favor of the Cubs.
SECOND: I would like to see them repeat as NL Central Champs again this year. That would be back to back championships and more opportunities to buy NL Champs logo stuff!...hahaha
Anything above and beyond this is just icing on the cake! Of course I would love to see the Cubs go all the way, who wouldn't? What a great story it would be.

6 comments:

bikingbrady said...

Ooh, uh, yeah. I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with
you there. Yeah. Uh, the Cubs have been real flaky lately and I'm not sure that they are the caliber of team you want for the World Series. They have been having some problems with their TPS (steroid) reports too.

Tez said...

Sorry dude, they are still my team and I will stand by them flaky or not!

bikingbrady said...

Could be worse, I'm still a Royals fan. In the NL it's the Cardinals though! So, now you know the REST of the story.

Tez said...

hahahaha...yes now I do know the rest of the story....you really like the Roidinals?

thE_kErnEl said...

i miss harry caray

Tez said...

Me also. It is so fun listening to someone annouce a baseball game when it sounds like they have a Gin drunk going on!...gotta love harry but Ron and Pat are fun to listen to on the radio!

Dang it anyway...Cubs record..0-1