June 18, 2008

SPEEDING?....Almost!

I finally attached my computer to my bike for the morning commute on the Ol'Fisher.

Here are the factoids one way:
Distance 1.77 miles
Ride Time 9 min 27 sec
Avg Speed 11.72 mph
Max Speed 24.4mph...
YUP, I was almost speeding! (of course this was hill aided!) I better watch myself. I don't need a ticket for speeding while on a bike, of course that would make an interesting blog topic, wouldn't it?

Afternoon Update:
Ride back home from work still on the Ol'Fisher (I take a different route home for lunch)
Distance 1.72 miles
Ride Time 10 min 59 sec
Avg Speed 9.69 mph
Max Speed 15.5 mph
I am pretty much going up hill on the way home so it is not so much fun but a nice little ride!

Tonight:
Of course it is golf night in Brandon. Going to be a bit warm out there tonight. Good think we only play 9 holes! Should be a fun time. I hope my back is not very sore after but I will make sure to stretch good before and I am sure that will help a bit. Have to be ready for the Alcester golf tournament this Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually got pulled over by a motorcycle cop on the bike path yesterday. Really! I was screaming through the underpass and subsequent little hill afterwords at 12th street when I encountered a family of geese. Didn't hit any, and continued on my way to here a deep "honk honk" of a fire engine, only to see a motorcycle cop hot on my trail! He just wanted to tell me that "Did you know you were nearly taken out by the mom and dad geese back there? They were chasing after you! Good thing you had a good head of steam up!!" He thought it was quite funny, and since I didn't crash of get beaten senseless by Mom&Dad Goose, I did too!!!

Tez said...

So, what you are saying is that you were almost goosed?