June 24, 2008

FAB - Newsletter almost ready to be unvailed!

Crazy busy work days this week so far, but at least they are not dull and the day goes fast and the week is not over yet!...UGH!

Tonight we had our FABNews, newsletter meeting. Me, Dan and Everyday Rider attended at Michelle's downtown. Somehow I got crossed up and thought I needed to be there at 7:30pm but it was 8:00pm so I hung out and had a Newcastle and watched the people meander around downtown. Lots of people looking at the sculptures, it seems. Anyway, the Newsletter is looking good and should be out SOON! Everyday Rider pretty much did the layout, I gathered info and Dan helped with editing and gathering info also. It is looking good for our first try and I am guessing it will grow with time.

The three of us, of course, talked about biking and some of our commutes. Everyday Rider and Dan were talking about how they have had people honking and yelling at them recently on their commutes. I have been lucky and have never had that happen, but I expect it to happen at some point until people (cars drivers or cagers as bikers call them and bikers) are a bit more educated at sharing the road. I told of my good encounters with the bus driver and the park workers (see previous post)

We were joined by Snakebite for some chatting and Big Mick rehashing. I have ridden some of the Big Mick from Hill City to Pringle. It is a NEAT trail to ride. If you get out to the west side of South Dakota and like to bike or hike you should hit the trail! We headed out and checked out Mr Bite's, Surly Big Dummy. It is still an amazing bike to look at. It looks like a person could hardly get it to roll let alone ride it on long rides!

I headed out of downtown and of course was huffing after drinking two Newcastles. I even took the flatter route out of the downtown area. All a matter of training. I get to add more commuting / errand miles!...YEAH!

2 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

Can't wait to see the NL

Tez said...

It is a work in progress but Everyday Rider did a great job with the layout. I am guessing the next one will be bigger.