June 11, 2008

Milestone....

(Que the drum roll)

Well, here it is the 200th posting of my blog. I can not believe it.

This blog was started to give me a place to separate myself from dealing with my moms fight with cancer. In that aspect, it served its purpose. For a few moments each month it got my mind off doctor appointments, cancer drugs, blood transfusion, radiation, chemotherapy, nursing home and hospitalizations that mom had to endure. Not sure if anyone was reading my blog at that time but it was an outlet for me just to think about something else.

Now, the blog has taken on almost an everyday entry as to kind of a journal into my life. It is a mix of my everyday happenings, to some biking stuff, golfing, to whatever I feel catches my ears / eyes that I might have an opinion about and feel strong to write about. Some days there is punctuation (it is never great) and the grammar is ok (again, it is never great) and other days it is not so good and for those bad days I apologize!

Since blogging, I have met some really great people who are fellow bloggers! You will find most of them listed to the right with links to their blogs. Some of the bloggers I only know through their blog and have never met them in person but nonetheless they seem to be great people and I can only hope to meet them someday.

What I find interesting is that when you get in a group of people, who are fellow bloggers, they introduce themselves by their blog title first, not their name although their name or nickname will soon follow after the blog title. For me it is "Hi, I am Journey Not Destination", then, Tez and then onto my real name. It is a fun, that is for sure.

It will be interesting to see what the next 200 blogs yield....I guess you never know!

Journey on........

No comments: