June 17, 2008

MS150 Pedal the Plains Ride 2008

It is official. I signed up for the MS150, August 2-3. It was the big announcement I was to make a few weeks ago but kept putting it off for some reason. No real good reason at all, really.

Anyway with some prodding from other bike bloggers, I threw my hat in the ring so to speak.

This year the ride is from Sioux Falls to Vermillion. It should be a good time and with Hooterville Mayor offering to pull me all the way there, it will be a piece of cake! No need to worry Mr Mayor, I will do my part and train for this so I hope no pulling is needed!

Cycle Cathy had a great idea. Maybe all the bike bloggers getting together in Vermillion and chatting face to face. That would be fun but could be dangerous since we have to ride the next morning! I might be up for one of those famous Bunyon's drinks, root beer schnapps shot dropped in a mug of beer!...Now that sounds like a good recovery drink!

I have ridden the MS150 YEARS AGO but didn't ride the whole thing so this year it is to do better than I did the first year. I believe I can meet this challenge.

Make my goal or not the money goes to a good cause. There are a lot of lives out there that have been touched by MS so find a way to help if you can!

If you would like to HELP ME FIGHT MS, then please, donate to the cause by clicking here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can hardly wait for the MS ride - what a great time! I like your idea for a recovery drink having a Bunyan's Bomber!

Tez said...

Sounds good to me! It will be fun!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Count the Mayor in for a Bunyans'Bomber Recovery Drink (TM)!
I am SO there!

Tez said...

Maybe we should have someone call ahead and reserve a table and ceiling tile for MS150 bike bloggers to autograph!

DIRK said...

Bike Bloggers and Bunyan's Bombers.
YEAH!!!!!

Tez said...

OH YEAH BABY! Should be a good time!