June 4, 2008

Soggy golf night!

Well, Wednesdays are golf nights for me at Brandon. It is Ladies Night and we do have fun! Tonight though was fun but it was soggy fun. We started out dousing our bodies in vanilla (old camping trick) so the gnats would leave us alone, which they did. Then we got to about hole five and felt some sprinkles then it started in. Two of us quickly threw on our pullovers (me and Dawn) and an umbrella for Gilly. We walked some more and of course they sent the cart boys out to check on all of us. We were fine but a lot of the groups golfing went in. We figured we were not that far from being done so we walked on. By the time we were done with 9-holes we were soaked! The rain had leaked through my pullover and onto my polo shirt and under garments. Oh well. The good part is, when I started golfing tonight I weighed 890 pounds and since sugar melts in water I had lost a LOT OF WEIGHT!...hahahaha. All in all it was a good round for me, best round of 9 so far this year.

We hit the Attic Bar and Grill at 41st and Sycamore (not Sertoma) for supper after golf. Kris met us there. We got warmed up with a mug of beer and good food. Kind of a neat atmosphere there. Off to take a nice warm tub and then hit the sack.

GO CUBS! They have won nine straight games and working on, what I hope will be the 10th, win tonight! They have the best record in baseball baby!

No comments: