June 8, 2008

First kind of not long bike ride.

We hit the bike trail yesterday. It was a day without RAIN and not much wind! We hopped on at Orion Foods are and headed north past the airport to Minnesota Ave. We met a few interesting folks along the way. One lady looked kind of beat up. Her face was swollen and she looked to have stitches above one eye. Looked nasty whatever she ran into. A bunch of people with very noisy bikes. I for one do not like it when my bike makes noises. Anyway after a brief stop we turned and headed back into town so to speak. We traveled on south meeting up with someone on the dirt trail riding a horse. Still further south to the Great Plains Zoo area. Kris was done at that point and I can not blame her. Some how her seat kind of shifted and so the front of the seat is up a bit and was a bit uncomfortable. This will have to be fixed before the next ride. I decided to ride down to 41st street from the zoo area. From 41st street south the bike trail is closed and so it was a good point to turn around. Kris had decided to wonder back at her own pace to the truck when I left her. I ended up meeting her at the truck about 10 min after she had arrived so not so bad at all. Her total was 12.2 miles and mine was 15.3 miles. Not bad at all. This marks the longest ride for Kris in her LIFE, YOU GO GIRL, and this is my longest ride so far this season. We were both happy as to how we felt.

We got home and I was taking the bikes off the rack and messed my back up. I do not have the best back and have really have not had a set back in quite a few years. This not as bad as the last set back but it will take a bit of patience on my part to get it back to "normal" again. So, pain meds and ice packs were in order after a shower and a recovery drink, no, not beer, Cytomax.

I decided I needed to walk a bit so we hit Best Buy and I got my new XM radio. Nothing like a little shopping to make the back pain go away...haha. We had been given a little bonus money from work that I have been carrying around in my wallet for some time so I had decided to upgrade since my old XM Radio had some issues even though they were minor it was a pain. After shopping it was off the Fuddruckers for supper. We figured we had earned a big juicy burger after our riding.

Hit the YW or YM CA (not sure which one it is) where the Tour De Kota was starting from. Lot of nice bikes. Ran into a few FAB members and chatted with them. They are excited to be on vacation but also a little nervous I think for the possible rain this next week. Looks like we are having a chance for rain every day next week. Anyway, I think the numbers break down like this: 350 riders for the whole week and 750 riders total. Not bad numbers and not sure how it breaks down compared to last year. Today they ride from Sioux Falls to Mitchell. There were some rain showers that came through early this morning but looks like they have a good window and not much wind (8-10mph) this morning. I think the FAB members were fired up for the riding with kErNel day. I believe this happens on Tuesday when they ride and stop at each town for adult beverages. They day would be pretty much all downhill for me....and literally it is all downhill that day. Anyway, you can follow along with the Tour De Kota happenings from the Argus Leader.

When we got home last night we sat out in the driveway and listened to Rascal Flatts (I really like this group) and had a Newcastle. Rascal Flatts along with Cheryl Crow were playing for one of the hospitals here in Sioux Falls at the Football stadium so we could hear it pretty well.

Not much going on today but brunch out with some of Kris's family and then just taking it easy. Not really what I had planned but it is what is needed with the back.

Oh, ya, forgot to tell you that I had my first peanut butter and honey on whole wheat bread sandwich yesterday. It was not bad and with some GU gel on the ride I fueled the engine just fine.

Also note the Cubs need to right the ship! We have lost 2 in a row!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you still use free service like blogspot.com or wordpress.com but
they have less control and less features.
shift to next generation blog service which provide free websites for
your blog at free of cost.
get fully controllable (yourname.com)and more features like
forums,wiki,CMS and email services for your blog and many more free
services.
hundreds reported 300% increase in the blog traffic and revenue
join next generation blogging services at www.hyperwebenable.com
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com