June 20, 2008

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I had a great week commuting to work! FOUR TIMES! This would be what I would call a record week and each day I have been trying to beat my ride time and speed. I did speed 25.3mph on the old mountain bike one day. That was fun breaking the law on my bike!...hahaha

Hit Spoke-N-Sport last night for the MS150 registration stuff and and the goodie bag from Spoke-N-Sport! Thanks guys that was cool plus the MS150 First Spoke Club t-shirt which I will proudly wear this weekend at some point. I even rode from the humble abode to said bike shop! It was a good ride just under 3 mile so nothing earth shattering. I even chatted with another biker, whom I knew, as we road through the Minn Ave 37th street intersection.

I had a fun thing happen to me commuting yesterday. The parks guys were out mowing at Terrace Park. I skirt along the west side of the park on my way home from lunch. Anyway the park guy was on the BIG mower mowing along the sidewalk, I ride the sidewalk because it is WAY smoother than the road, again, anyway, he pulled over and not only stopped but also stopped the blade so it was not kicking dust and throwing crap at me as I biked past. I gave him a wave as a thank you and of course he waved back. That was pretty cool, I thought anyway.

Well, off to meet some friends for chicken and rockets (big beer dispensers) at the the Keg then home to get ready for the Alcester golf tournament tomorrow. After the tourney we are heading to Bridge City and then Tabor for Czech Days! LOOK OUT!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: