June 17, 2008

Happy Tuesday!

What a great morning to get out and commute to work! YES, YOU HEARD IT! I finally rode to work this morning on my bike! It has been nasty weather here for commuting and then with the back thing, I didn't want to push it, but today I decided I needed to hop on the ol'Fisher and head to work. It was an uneventful ride and I even had a bus driver wave me through his yellow flashing lights. He had stopped and kept his yellow on and I knew there was no way I was going to make it before he flipped to red so I slowed WAY DOWN, then he motioned me through. That was cool. I had one little bit of nervousness hit me as I was cruising down the hill on Prairie. A car pulled up right along side me and slowed down like it was going to turn at the intersection. I was not sure which way it was turning so to be a bit defensive I slowed to let them go by me. Ends up they turned the other direction and not in front of me so that was good.

Going to have to get me a mirror to see what is coming behind me. Any suggestions on which brand? I am looking at the Bike Peddler Take a Look mirror as it goes on the glasses and not on the helmet. From what I have read it seems to be very well liked. Let me know what you think!

Last night I got some things done around the house. Mowed the yard and did laundry. Kris got called into work so I had leftovers from the Mexico Viejo (#75 for all you Viejo lovers) in Yankton...YUM and a bottle of Old Style in honor of the Cubs.

Tonight, I might have to get the Cannondale down from the ceiling in the garage and get the new seat (Terry Liberator) on it, fill up the tires and go for a little spin. I also have to recalculate my computer for the Cannondale or bike 2 also.

I think there is a FAB Newsletter meeting scheduled SOON, I wonder if our FAB PREZ has his letter / column drafted yet from his long miles on the TDK?

No comments: