June 22, 2008

Good weekend!

Had a great weekend.

Mackie and I decided we were going to wear some WILD outfits for the golfing on Saturday. We hit Walmart for some interesting garments that did not match...well kind of. I was told I looked like a 70s banker. Not really sure what Mac looked like but ODD and Gilly got into the spirit of things with plaid shorts. I will have to post a picture later of us. We had a blast looking for the clothes and a certain person almost pee-d her shorts from laughing!

Saturday had us heading to Alcester for the golf tourney. I was a great time and lots of laugh was had by all. We golfed ok and I am thinking I let my partner (Mary) down. She is a great golfer compared to me. I had some good drives some NOT GOOD DRIVES but the main thing is that we had a good time and we did. Lots of laughing and I am not talking just normal laughing. It was the bend at the waist laughing. Mac and Gilly won the tourney and me and Mary finished about half way down in the first flight. Not all was lost. I won a 50/50 raffle $35.00 and then as my door price I got a $5.00 bill. Mary didn't win money but got a screw driver. Safe to say she got screwed! Anyway like I said a good time was had by all.

After the tourney we headed to Yankton. The plan was to go to Tabor Czech Days but since the sky look ominous and we needed to eat we decided to head to the Marina at Lewis and Clark Lake for supper after picking up Kris at the townhouse in Yankton. Food was good.

Sunday we headed home and had talked about going on a bike ride but Kris decided to start scrapping the house. It is in need of painting. She understood that I need to get some miles in so I hit the bike trail. I headed out and almost killed a ground squirrel. I missed him by maybe a foot. It was scary as he was a chubber. Then as I was riding along Westward Ho Country Club there was a wild turkey strutting around on one of the fairways. Got down by the fair grounds and noticed some sort of car rally type thing that had a BUNCH of cars racing around pylons. Interesting with gas prices so high and people doing this...oh well, I am sure they think with food prices so high and we are trying to fuel our bodies with the food is not any different (which we all know the answer to that!) Got to my planned area to turn around headed back. Saw circling vultures out by the airport. How did they know where I was? I did notice on the way back someone did smoke a ground squirrel over by Elmwood golf course. It was fairly new as he was still twitching. Didn't really care to see that...UGH.

ADDED:I forgot to tell you about more wildlife I saw, buffalo, cheetahs, ostrich (all by the zoo) and of course, geese and ducks.

So, this was my first 20 mile day this this year, well, 20.14 miles to be exact. Ride time was 1h39m53s with average speed 12.19mph on my mountain bike. I do need to get the road bike out and ride that for training instead but I still need to switch out the seat and clean it up and really didn't have the time to do that and get a ride in today. It was a good ride.

All in all a good weekend!

2 comments:

CDV said...

Way to go!! Keep it up, if you can do 20 by yourself 40 with company is a cake walk.

Tez said...

I hope so! THANKS!