June 15, 2009

The past week in review......

Time flies when you are having fun...hahaha!

Not much going on but it seems to fill my days. Between, officiating, yard work and work in general it is keeping me busy.

A week ago I went to Norfolk to help with the Norfolk Classic bike races. It was a great time and I learned more about officiating thanks to Jon, Nancy, Cheryl and Glen. Saturday was a road race and Sunday was the crit from hell. It started out with a little rain which turned into a LOT of rain, hail and wind. Not fun. It soon stopped raining but the damage was done. We were SOAKED! The races were great and not any bad injuries which I was glad to see! I headed back to Yankton to find some biking buddies on their first overnight of the Tour De Kota. I found Mr & Mrs Biking Brady and RideVermillion at tent city and chatted a bit. I was glad I was heading home to a warm house and bed and not crawling into a wet tent with damp sleeping bags.

Thursday evening was the third installment of the Spoke n Sport Criterium. We had 18 riders for the Class B division and 7 riders for the Class A division. The evening was the best we have had so far for this race. They are a lot of fun to watch and it has been fun getting to know some of riders. If you have not been to one of the races yet you need to get out there and watch or heck for that mater, race! There are a lot of good people out there trying to grow this sport in our area so get out there and support it!

This past weekend we headed to the Clubhouse for some relaxing and fun. One of Kris's co-workers came along for the fun. Of course we hit Charlie's Pizza on and then Ben's Brewing Company on Friday night. Saturday it was doing the tourist thing. Out to the Gavin's Point Dam with a stop at MacGilly's at the Marina for refreshments. Once back in town we hit the Walnut Bar a.k.a. the Dead Animal Bar then it was off to the Ice House to have a couple beverages and smash the beer bottles under the dock. Both of mine and Rhonda's smashed but Kris was one for one. I think that means she buys the next time down there! We hit the Clubhouse for grilled burgers upon which I burned my arm on the grill lid. Dang that hurt and still hurts when it is not covered up. Then it was off to the musical Chicago at the Lewis and Clark Theater Company. WOW! Lots of YHS thespians in the musical. They wear a lot of lingerie in this musical. I was kind of amazed. I wondered what some of the older theater goers were thinking when they saw the scantly clad ladies. Those girls had a LOT of guts to get up there in those "costumes". The play itself was really pretty good. It amazes me some of the talent that the Yankton area has. You should go, as it is a great show but be warned that it might be a bit out there for some and it is not really for children.

This week will be full of some of the same old, same old. Work, golf, FAB newsletter, moving stuff in the basement to have some electrical work done and then off to the Clubhouse. Saturday I am off to Ponca NE to help with the Psycowpath series-Ponca's Revenge Mt bike race. My first ever, should be fun but a challange also.

Oh, yes, on the health front. I am doing better but still not 100% might be in the 90% range. A little set back from the rain soaked weekend in Norfolk but doing better! I have not been on the bike in a month and was going to ride to work today, but guess what? It is raining...AGAIN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I missed you at camp on Sunday! Will you be at the Starlight Ride on Friday?