August 7, 2007

Emotions

I have not been on the bike yet....I golfed bad last Sunday......so things are going great so far!..hahaha

It was the PanCan golf tournament this past weekend. We (our team) ended up in 2nd place in the first flight so that was good but I golfed terrible. The last two times I have been out it has been bad. Not sure what is going on there.

It was great to see some old friends golfing but I also met some new ones. I got to spend some time with those WILD ladies from ladies night that are always done golfing before we are. What a hoot they are. That was fun and they can take a joke pretty well.

Peg is now a 6 year pancreatic cancer survivor! Amazing that she was only given two months to live by an area doctor. There was also a 10 year survivor there that brought people down from Minneapolis to golf. That is pretty cool to see. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK PEGGY!

The down side of the tournament. I guess I had not even thought that this would bother me but it did. As we came up to each hole there would be a sponsor of the hole and sometimes a survivor's name or someones name that fought the fight and lost. Even though my mom did not have pancreatic cancer it still hit home. It was about this time last year that was kind of the beginning of the end of my mom's life. She had all of her bottom teeth pulled because there was a tumor growing in her jaw bone and down into her neck area. Then a couple days after she was home she broke her arm trying to get up from the recliner. Maybe subconsciously I had been thinking of this all along and it came to light after reading some of the names on the signs. I really do not know. I feel very selfish of the fact that my mom didn't survive her cancer and other cancer patients have but I also know that mom fought really hard and was ready to be well again with Gods help. I do not wish bad on anyone it is just me wishing mom was still here. I am glad for those families of survivors that they are able to share current things with them and it is not just a memory. I guess maybe some of this is that when you loose someone so close to you that you have emotions that hit when you least expect it. It sure did that day for me.

God Speed to those who continue to fight cancer and win!!

No comments: