October 4, 2009

FAB, Tripod and a Party............

Fun filled weekend!

Friday night was VERY low key but Saturday was packed with fun.

Hit the Sertoma Butterfly House early. They open early on the first Saturday and first Monday of the month so that people wanting to use tripods to photograph the butterflies can do so without causing problems for other visitors. WOW! Let me just say that if you have never been there is is worth a stop! The butterflies are amazing. Thanks to Harolds Photo and Tamron for sending me a demo lens to use over the weekend until mine comes in this week!




Then off to USF for the FAB fall meeting. I skipped the ride in order to take pics, sorry! I am the member at large again for this next year. We had a great board before the election but with everything change is important to grow the organization. Thanks to all the previous board members - you are awesome! Welcome to the new board members! I am excited to meet you all and get on with growing cycling in our community!

This of course was followed by a trip to Harold's Photo to buy a new tripod! Oh dear, they must love me at Harold's right now! I started out thinking of what I wanted to spend on a tripod and was off about $100 from what I ended up with. Kris got me talked into buying up and so I did. With one of the coupons from the Tamron photo workshop I was able to get 10% off the tripod and head. I got the Bogen/Manfrotto 055xprob tripod base and the 488RC2 ball head. We then proceeded to the Outdoor Campus for some picture taking and Disney training, WALKING! We walked around the prairie loop and then around the other loop with that goes around a pond. We walked 1.3 miles on crushed gravel /asphalt and yes, the ankle was not happy. Had a great time and made it back just before it started to sprinkled!

Today was a lazy morning followed by lots of visiting. We celebrated Kris's aunt Esther and uncle Bill's 50th wedding anniversary. It was a fun time and great to see some people I had not seen in a while. Lots of stories, laughter and COFFEE! My God that family can drink the coffee!

The weekend was awesome!

Oh yes, since my Cubbies are out of contention, I will be cheering for the Twins....WooHoo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I love how macro photography brings out the amazing details and beauty in everything from butterflies to prarie grass!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment on how much I like your butterfly photos.
Now,
work on getting their expressions into the shot.

;)

Tez said...

Not sure about their expressions but I was smiling and having fun taking thier pictures! ; )