September 20, 2009

Tamron Road Series Workshop!

What a great photography workshop this past weekend. A lot of info to digest and a lot learned!

Below are a couple of my favorite shots that I took messing around with the Tamron 180mm macro demo lens. Pretty fun. I only wish the flowers would have been not past their prime. So, after demo-ing the lens, I now have one on order and it should be here the end of the week! I also tried out a gimbal tripod and a 200-500mm lens. WOW! The tripod was in the $800-something range and the lens was in the $1999 range. Lots of money I was carrying around for a while. They were really nice but I would have to save a LOT to afford that!


If you like photography take a workshop. You do hands on work and learn a lot from the pros! Of course, I go to the zoo and still find flowers and bugs to photograph, go figure!




Cycling Cathy did an AWESOME job with her pics. I hope she will post them on the blog! She also had fun demo-ing her carbon fiber tripod! Yup, not just on bikes but tri-pods also. They were SUPER light!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We absolutely love our 180mm macro. We have the Canon version. Probably our fav lens...there's lots of fighting over it.

great bee pics!

Tez said...

I can't wait. Wish I would have had it for the weekend! Oh well. I did tie for third place with the first bee picture in our class and won a signed print from our pro instructor. James Shadle http://www.wildflorida.net/photogjames.aspx

Unknown said...

Hope you get your new lens soon!