August 20, 2009

Spearfish Canyon!

Hello, to the three people that read this blog. Sorry it has been a bit between entries. Blogs seem to suffer a bit during the summer, as it is a busy time for most!

Kris and I had a great time in Spearfish this past weekend. I was there on "official" business with the state road race and time trial events, dubbed the Tour de Fish. It was a great race and great scenery driving through the canyon! Seems this year the canyon is the best I have seen it in a while. Nice and green with lots of wild flowers and even Bridal Veil falls was flowing! We even ventured over to WY for the TT race! That was a first for me, traveling to WY that is, and not sure I would like to live in Beulah, but the site works great for a TT! Lots of windshield time, over 900 miles, but well worth it. Even though I did officiate, it was a relaxing weekend.

I guess, going down the canyon at 15-20mph, following bikers for 72 miles was not enough. We had to drive it again so we could stop and snap some pics. Of course I haven't had time to even download them yet! We also met up with some friends in Deadwood for supper before heading back up, you you guessed it, the canyon again on Saturday night. The top of Aztec was in the clouds and the temp was 48º! It was cool that was for sure but still nice.

I will try and get some pics uploaded this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna go next year!
kristen