February 3, 2009

TV training....

Lets see what has been happening in my life.....hmmm....well, not much really.

We hopped on the trainers last night and watched TV. We decided to ride at a comfy pace and then at commercials we would turn it up a bit and then once the commercials were over we would go back to normal pace. Pretty funny. We ended up cussing out the commericals! We always try to make it fun when we ride those darn things. It was an ok workout to start back up with. I did find that my ankle was not happy with me. It is one I have broken, once, and sprained many times at least 8 times. Anyway I had my biking shoes on. I do not have clip-in pedals on my Cannondale road bike, maybe that is the problem? Anyway it was getting kind of painful toward the end of the ride. I have had the shoes for two years and decided last night I might need to get some new in soles for them as they looked depressed a bit. Oh ya, I am extremely flat footed also so need something with a bit of an arch. The funny thing is I don't remember this being a problem last year at all. Maybe the ankle just needs to get back into cycling form also.....damn appendages anyway!

In other noise a few FAB members hope to have one of these bad boys (see below) by late Saturday afternoon! Keep your fingers crossed for me that I pass the test!

Lots happen with FAB this year so join and become part of the movement to make cycling better in Sioux Falls! If you don't live in Sioux Falls then join your local bike club and make your community a better biking community!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TV or watching a DVD make the trainer go by a little better

Road Legs said...

you may try oven heated insoles from you local bike shop