September 11, 2007

Ribfest

Hit Bridge City (Yankton) this past weekend for the first annual Rockin Ribfest. We had a good time but no ribs were to be had. They ran out! I was a little bummed as I do enjoy a good rib gnawing but oh well the company was good and so was the beverages and also it was Kris's birthday. We had a couple toast to her 49th birthday which we didn't "rib" her about at all. We ended up at Ben's Brewing Company for talk, laughter and libations. After a few beverages it was back to the clubhouse for birthday cake. YUM-O. VERY GOOD STUFF!

I read that they think they had 4,000 people at the ribfest which is great. I also know that they have figured out were they had issues and will fix it for next year! I hope so the potential is SO THERE to liven up Yankton in the fall!

Oh, ya the Rockin part of the Ribfest was that they featured local bands. They were pretty good from what we could hear.

Mark your calendars for next year as an event to attend!!!

No comments: