January 21, 2008

Weekend Re-cap


Hit Bridge City (Yankton) this past weekend and had a great time. Stopped in at Charlie's on Friday night for great pizza and beer. Came back to the Clubhouse to fine someone parked in our driveway as a surprise! That was pretty cool. Dawn made the trip down to Yankton Friday night instead of Saturday so that was cool. Saturday we went shopping and of course there were all sorts of strange things that found their way into Gilly's cart for the up coming cruise. Pretty funny! I still think the purse and high heeled snow boots would look nice on you! Saturday night it was off to Rose's for a great Italian feast, wine and cream puffs for desert that my Godmother made. It was all very fun. After supper we sat around and tried to solve the worlds problems and tell stories. I had to tell a good one on me. I was in the OLD Scheels store (maybe this is why they moved...) Anyway we were looking at stuff and all of a sudden I felt my GUTS PERCOLATING! I had some serious things going on in intestinalville. All I could think of was to find a place were no one was at and expel my air so I turned to Kris and said..."Don't follow me!" all she heard was, "follow me!" As I walked to an area where no customers were around I let out my rumbling air........little did I know was the Kris was right behind me and all of a sudden I heard "OH MY GOD!" As I turned around Kris was standing in a GIANT green cloud of very nasty stench. I then told her she was not suppose to follow me and of course she in turn told me what she had heard.....OH MY...I think that is why the sweat pants in that area were on sale that following week......MY OH MY it was a very nasty stench. Anyway all of us got a good laugh out of that one. There were many other stories and memories that were shared. I could not help but think mom was there laughing along with us! I so do value these times together.


Sunday we got packed up and Kris and I headed out to the lake. We had not driven out there in a long time. This time of year there are bald eagles that nest along the open water in Yankton and it is always so very cool to see them. We spotted five this trip. We have seen as much as 11 a couple years ago. It was so cold out I am sure some were hunkered down someplace warmer.

Got back to Sioux Falls before the snow started and watched football....pretty exciting!

3 comments:

bikingbrady said...

A woman who will discuss bodily functions....you are my hero

Tez said...

Thank you, thank you very much!

SD_pedalpower said...

I Concur with BB.