January 29, 2008

BBBrrrrr

I woke up a few times last night thinking there was a new train track outside my window! The wind was terrible last night and has continued today with a wonderful 30 below windchill!..UGH..vacation can't come soon enough. It will be about a 70 degree swing from what the temps are now compared to Florida...I can handle that!

My boss keeps asking me what I am most looking forward to on my trip. I finally told him just time to recharge, get recentered and of course the Tour of the Bahamas..Oh ya and driving the boat! I have told my friends that is what I want to do. Not sure this will happen...but we will see. Anyway I am so looking forward to just hanging out and seeing the blue water of the Bahamas. Little nervous about being on the boat and out in the ocean but I am sure I will be fine as long as we do not watch Titanic on the flight down to Florida. I might have to sleep with inflatable life ring! I am sure I will be fine as my Godmother gave me great advice last night..."Don't fall off the boat!" Seems pretty logical!

Tonight is CERT (community emergency response team) meeting with first responder training also. Should be a short meeting and training because of the weather per our organizer...we will see.

Have a few more things to get done before we head out on vacation but it is getting right down there. I think I have my underwear, socks and swimsuit pack so what more do I need?....Well, ok, I will pack clothes also. I have to iron a few shirts them pack them up and should be ready to go.

Work of course has been WILD so have to get a few more things done before I am officially on VACATION....but it will happen soon.

Will give a FULL report when we get back!....heading into the warm sun of Florida / Bahamas will be great!

No comments: