January 2, 2008

Movies, Food, Beer and Cycling

MOVIES:
It was a MOVIE fest this past holiday! We watched Ghost Rider (I liked it), The Kingdom (good but very intense), The Prestige (good but creepy), Madagascar (ok-not even close to good Pixar movie), Harry Potter - Order of the Phoenix (ok but I still like the first one better), Ratatouille (had seen it in the theater but still amazing that it is all CG!).

FOOD:
Not much else new. We were at the clubhouse in Yankton part of the weekend and got some of the Christmas decorations taken down. Hit Charlies for pizza Friday night and Murdo's (Nebraska side of the big MO) for walleye for supper Saturday night.

BEER:
I did have something interesting at Murdo's. It was a 16 oz can of Budlight that had clamato juice in it all prepackaged. Clamato is clam juice and tomato juice. It was not bad but tasted more like V8 with Budlight. I was surprised that it had a little spice to it. We have looked for it here in Sioux Falls but it must be a Nebraska thing. If you are looking for it I think they called it Chelada not to be confused with a Machelada that the Mexican places serve. This past weekend I also tried a Norwegian Brown Ale "O". It was good. Make sure you do not drink it when it is to cold. I found that it was better a little warmer. It has a lot more coffee flavor to it then Newcastle which is my favorite and my base as to how all other beers are compared.

CYCLING:
Not much news on the cycling front. I see that David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Valde are scheduled to race in the Tour of the Bahama's the end of this month in Nassau. Jan Ullrich might be stripped of his gold (road race) and silver (time trial) medal from the 2000 Olympic games. The statue of limitations has not run out yet so the IOC is looking at Ullrich for possible doping during that time period.

No comments: