January 17, 2008

Panic?.......

Ok, so if you read this blog you know we are going on a cruise. I tell you I am in a panic! It is the fear of the unknown I guess. I am worried about having all the right paperwork along, the right clothes, not getting ripped off by the locals, wearing the right clothes to functions, you know the little things. Then there are the hidden charges for, gratuity, beverages, towel service or whatever!....UGH! The one thing I know is that I have packed all my socks already and so when I am sporting my bikini on the cruise ship or the lovely white sand beaches of the Bahamas I will be able to have my scar covered (see lobster goddess posting)....and if you believe I will be sporting a bikini on this trip then I have some ocean front property to sell you in South Dakota!

To top it off I am getting slammed at work and we have inventory next week (Thursday and Friday) when I have five jobs bidding in two days! (I am an estimator in the construction industry) I usually like to go out in the hardware room to clean things up a bit and organize before we do inventory. This makes it so much easier but I am pretty sure that is not going to happen this year. The fun never ends! Seems like I take two or three steps forward and then four back...just can't get ahead. Looks like some overtime is coming!

On a good note. I have lost 11.4 pounds since I purchased my new scale this past summer. It is one of those digital scales that has hydration and fat percentage....we will not talk about the fat percent. It does a lot of things. You have to enter in you height, age, and goal if you have one then it keeps track of it all. I am just so glad it is not a talking scale as I am sure I would be hearing "TILT, TILT" or "GET OFF ME LARDY PANTS!" It is kind of fun and I find it very humorous to weigh myself and then go and take care of some bodily functions and then weigh myself again....pretty amazing how much we can store up or hoard (sometimes) in our bodies! Kris the roomy has lost over 13 pounds and is doing great. We have not been exercising only backing away from the table or splitting a meal if we go out to eat. One of our favs is at Granite City. Smoked turkey Reuben and the Asian chicken salad. We split both entries. THEY ARE GREAT! We have also cut back ......at times......the beverage consumption which leads us back to the upcoming cruise. The goal is to NOT GAIN on this vacation but MAINTAIN!...we will see...I plan to hit the sushi trolley on our ship for some meals and snacks....YUM!

I am sure we will be walking around enough that it will not make a difference what we eat or drink. I know on our Disney trips we have a big breakfast and maybe an afternoon snack and a nice sit down supper complete with wine and desert and manage to never gain weight when we are there....I am hoping this will be the case!

Things will all come together at some point...maybe when I board the plane?...or the ship?......

No comments: