July 28, 2008

Weekend recap and a random thought

So, this might be one if the longest between post I have had in a LONG time! Work has been nuts as always and it looks to be that way for some time.

Last week was busy and so was the weekend.

We hit Yankton and of course Charlies for some great pizza (carbo loading for saturday morning ride). Saturday morning came and it had dark nasty clouds heading into Yankton so we opted to get on with our other duties. We headed to Wausa, NE to pick up more beef out of our locker.
I love their beef sticks from there so we picked up a few of them also and then we found they have smoked pork chops. I have had these before from another locker but not the Wausa locker. We purchased a few of them and headed to do more errand things in Yankton. Let me say that the people that work at the Wausa locker are very nice and I would do business with them again.
Got back to Yankton and went to the Riverfront Grill (oops, I guess it is Waterfront Grill -thank you for the correction, Ben). This is a place I will not be going back to. We had ice tea, 2-burgers and an appetizer and it was $36! The food was ok, not all that special but the service, plain and simple SUCKED. It takes a lot to get me not to go back to a place so you know the service was bad.

We got back to the townhouse and started in on the bathroom again. Ceiling is all painted, walls all painted and touched up, exhaust fan all blown out, shower all polished, new shower rod (curve type) and shower curtain all installed. Boy, does it look nice. It has a spa fee with the beige color and white (at this point) accents. The curved shower curtain rod makes the shower feel so big, almost like another room! Feels good to have this all done but we were very tired from our running around and interior design jobs. Decided it was time to hit the food prep for supper. We of course had to have some smoked pork chops, sweet potatoes and peas. We did buy a salad but forgot about it. Guessing that will show up on the menu tonight some how. Anyway Kris broke open the whiskey! YUP, we had high balls with our supper! I am a crown and seven girl and Kris is a Jameson and seven girl. We each had two and that was plenty but ooohhh so good. Needless to say I was asleep in the recliner by 9:00pm.

Sunday we had thought about hitting the road for a bike ride but we still had to do house cleaning and laundry at the clubhouse plus the temps were nasty in Yankton and also the humidity or as I overhead one guy at the RAGBRAI first day calling it stupidity. We had a few more errands and tried to check out a place for brunch at the Marina but seems they do not have brunch there anymore as it was closed so off to Minerva's it was and of course it is always good there. Rose came over to check out the bathroom and gave it a thumbs up and then we sat and had a beer with her. We got all our work done and loaded up the truck to head out. I got in the truck to turn it around and the temp said 107. It was parked in the direct sun in the driveway but man it was hot. The temp did drop to 101 after I turned it around...still HOT!
We headed home and noticed the temp really dropped as we got closer to Sioux Falls.

I did a few work things and then we watched the final of the the Tour De France. Yankton of course does not have Versus (at least our cable package does not have it) so I had been getting updates from my texting boss on Saturday about the time trial. Glad to see that Christian had a good time trial and if he would not have had that one bad day he would have been on the podium but there is next year! He did really well considering he was not even mentioned in any of the prelim press as favorites. Way to go Christian! He also needs a stronger team around him.....my opinion only!

Well, I better head back to work. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great week. Tonight with the impending weather AGAIN I will be riding the trainer for a bit....OH GOODIE!

Oh ya, I also have a questionnaire to fill out since RideVermillion tagged me. I am guessing I will fill that out tonight.

Things to ponder......
Why do they pronounce the town name as Viberg when it is spelled Viborg? The same with the Norfolk / Norfork. Regionalisms?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the Waterfront Grill, and yes we do have Versus in Yankton.

Tez said...

Ben, did you guys have it on?
Sorry on the miss stating of the place. As you can see I was really impressed and didn't get the name correct!