July 16, 2008

Trainer...Breaking Away


With the pending weather out there last night I opted to ride the trainer last night for 50 min. UGH...I am not a fan of them but it went ok. I started out watching the Tour De France recap of the first 10 stages but decided I needed to watch something I had not seen before so I popped in a Christmas present DVD from last year, Breaking Away.

Pretty silly biking movie, but entertaining. Amazing to see how young some of the actors looked, clothes they were wore, and of course the old bikes. Dennis Quaid and those short white shorts are pretty funny. At least now I know where the name Cutters comes from. Speaking of them, I have not seen them at the tour yet this year!

Oh, well. It was an ok movie but I liked American Flyers much better!

Ciao..........

7 comments:

poor-me/പാവം-ഞാന്‍ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
teamwelliver said...

Trainer...ugh...I refuse to own one.

American Flyers can never be topped. Best movie ever!

Tez said...

I agree. Might have to put that one in the next time I get stuck with the trainer!

CDV said...

I can't even described how much I dread the trainer but it does help. Due to time/kid issues I have had to ride inside a bit the last 2 weeks as well.

Tez said...

You would think it would be not so bad but it does SUCK! I just can not seem to get comfy on my bike when on the trainer and I get BOARD. Even watching something on TV does not help all that much but I guess I am still getting time in in the saddle so to speak.

bikingbrady said...

One vote for Breaking Away over American Flyers. Sorry!

And CDV...I don't even have the foggiest where my trainer is right now!

thE_kErnEl said...

Breaking Away is AwESoMe. Academy award winner in 1980?

Those idiots that OLN had on during the tour a few years ago were NOT Cutters.

"You're not a cutter, I'M a cutter."

"Refund, refund!"