July 29, 2008

MS150 this weekend

It is FAST approaching and I have not ridden enough miles. I think the longest ride I have done this year was 30 miles on my own so doing 75 miles two days in a row will be tough, but not much I can do about it now. It is not about doing the ride it is about raising money for a great cause. People struggle with the disease every second of every day. Thank you to everyone that have made a donation so far!

By the way it is not to late to donate either. Click on the MS150 logo on the right of my blog page and it will take you right to my MS150 page.

Anyway, I guess I need to start thinking about what I need along for this ride. Of course my cytomax powder, Gu, chamois butter, sunscreen, water bottles, sunglasses, mirror, camelbak, rain jacket, cash, change of clothes, shoes and toiletries for Saturday night. Oh ya a tube, multi tool, helmet, gloves, cycle shorts, cycle jersey, cycle socks, and cycle shoes. Anything else I am forgetting?

Should be a good time and I am looking forward to meeting up with a bunch of the local bloggers at long last!

4 comments:

teamwelliver said...

Don't forget your bike. :-)

It seems obvious, but people leave their bikes at the track frequently (I haven't yet).

Tez said...

GOOD point!

CDV said...

Break it down into a bunch of small rides, 15 miles at a time with a nice break at each stop. Don't linger to long at the stops though you will start to stiffen up and each passing hour brings hotter temps. Most important, HAVE FUN and remember why we ride.

Tez said...

You are correct! I think I will be fine the first day it is just hopping on the bike on Sunday that will not be so fun. PRAY FOR A TAILWIND EACH DAY!