March 21, 2008

NCAA and some bike stuff

I had one wrong from my NCAA picks last night...not so bad, I guess at this point...Duke almost put me in a real bad way but they pulled it out!

Picked-up the roomies bike (Gary Fisher - Napa-comfort bike) from LBS and man does it look NASTY...in a good way. It looks like it is ready for commuting! She had new serfas tires (inverted tread) and black planet bike fenders installed plus a tune-up. Once we got it home I put on her bar-ends, headlight and taillight. I tried to get her seat on but needed help...UGH...the bolt was on there so TIGHT that I could not get it loose. I did everything but stand on my head to try and get it loose. So, I loaded up the seat with seat post still attached and headed to Scheels as I knew they would have a mechanic there at that time of the evening. He ended up taking a HAMMER to it to ge it loosened. As we walked out the wind caught my coat and blew it up against the seat tube and so now I have grease all over it...DANG IT! It is that nasty green sticky yucky grease that is on the seatpost-shock. We headed home and got the seat all installed and she is almost ready to roll! I think she still wants a rear rack and trunk for it yet. I have some work on my old Gary Fisher HK-ll to do yet but it is minor, pump up the tires and put on the headlight and taillight.

I bought a Terry Liberator seat and I am still deciding on what bike I should put it on yet. I have a nice gel seat on my GF but on my Cannondale (road bike) I have a Avocet VERY old gel seat. I am going to ride my Cannondale in the MS150 so that is what I am thinking about putting the Terry on. The only issue I will have is that I will mainly ride my GF around town and not so much my road bike so in order to break in that saddle I am thinking of putting it on the GF and then changing it over later to get a few miles in on my road bike. Any suggestion?

2 comments:

Jujube said...

Cool blog Tez! Glad I wondered upon it. I'm thinking of doing the MS150 this year. Something I've always wanted to do...Are you on an organized team from SF? I'm in a NCAA pool at work but I know nothing about basketball. Is Connecticut a good team?!!

Tez said...

Thanks. I might be riding with some friends or if I join FAB I might ride with them...not sure I could keep up with them.