February 19, 2009

Peloton is not a type of dinosaur

As I was tweeting on twitter about the Tour of California yesterday afternoon a fellow twitterite asked me a very interesting question. My tweet was "The peloton is coming fast". Ok, so, many of us know in the bike racing world what the peloton is but this person asked if it was a dinosaur and if it was that I should RUN! So, at first I chuckled, pretty good, in fact. I then picked myself up off the floor from my rolling around in a laughing coma. You know the type of laughter I am talking about. The type that you are laughing so hard no noise comes out, but then I jumped to my feet, as only I could do, I dusted myself off and thought I need to be a good bike liaison to others that may not know the lingo. I decided to educate the individual. I told them what the peloton is and then I got thinking about it more and more. It sure does sound like it could be a dinosaur. I found myself wondering what kind of dinosaur the peloton would be. Is it a T-Rex sort of thing with it's short arms and powerful jaws devouring the competition? or a Pterodactyl type creature swooping up the competition? What do you think?

2 comments:

Snakebite said...

Go to Monk's, have a beer, it will all seem better.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I see a recurring theme from Mr. Bite here.
Anyhoo, I would think it would be more like a Brontosaurus. Large inexorable mass trying to catch up!