February 11, 2009

FAB, View 34 and other stuff...........

Had FAB meeting last night. Keep watching the website for new and exciting things happening!

Not much else going on except a few darn Lane Hogs (you know who you are!) got me to start up on Facebook. This thing is WILD and a HUGE time suck much more so than Twitter....I think...... but, it is still fun to hook up with friends that have the same interests! I even got Kris to sign up or did I sign her up...haha...well she will have fun with it also once she learns a bit more.

Busy rest of the week here at work then a camera class Thursday night at Harold's which should be fun. Then off to Pierre for the weekend. We are going to hit my cousin's new eating place, View 34. They opened around the holidays. Should be a fun time and can't wait to eat there. I have heard the food is great!

My USA Cycling officials shirts and windbreaker will be delivered to me tomorrow. It was a good time to buy the clothes since some were half price but limited sizes and the limited sizes were my size! I have been slowly picking up things we are to have so have a good part of all the office type stuff picked up and purchased the whistle yesterday at a local sporting goods shop. The Fox 40 with rubber tip. Note to self, don't blow it in the truck when your windows are closed. I have yet to figure out the stopwatch purchase yet. Still a bit more educating myself on this before I buy. We are to have one good quality stopwatch ($50-75 price range) and at least one back up that can be of lesser value. Oh, yes and I have to buy turkey bags yet. They are used on rainy days and will cover your clipboard allowing your hand inside to write on the clipboard and still protected the pages from the elements.

Sad news to report. Pastor Jacob Knutson, the pastor at Vangen when we first join the church in Mission Hill, passed away Monday. He had cancer and died in his sleep. Another one I were the yellow Livestrong band for! He was a gentle soul and loved having fun with all the Luther-Leaguers at our many events. He was also a sounding voice in our adult choir. Pastor Jake was so good to our family when my father died. He and his wife drove to Sioux Falls and stayed with us in the waiting room and drove home in the wee hours in the morning just to be there if we needed them and we sure did. Rest in peace Pastor Jake, now you are well!

Well, that is about it for now. Have a great rest of the week and weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Ham(m)er said...

Where is View 34??? I haven't seen a new restaurant in Pierre. What kind of food? I will have to check it out. I'm back in town the week after next.

Anonymous said...

had fun at the meeting. Good to see the other side of the club (besides all the fun rides) have fun in Pierre

Unknown said...

Glad you joined the Facebook madness as well! I don't think my daughters were too pleased when they found I joined Facebook! Have a great weekend.

Tez said...

Hammer youw ill have to try it out. More like, I think, Foley's and Minerva's.

Tony, good to meet and glad you had fun. The new BLING is GREAT!

Cathy Jo, madness is right! I found cousins on it from Michigan and even Abe's foster mom (Eileen( from Georgia is on there now! WILDNESS!